- Hospital and physician services
- Paramedical services
- Emergency dental treatment
- Hospital allowance
- Emergency medical return home
- Visit to bedside if travelling alone
- Return home of children in care of insured, travel companion, pet, vehicle
- Return of excess baggage
- Extra meal, hotel, childcare and phone call costs
- Expenses related to death
- Terrorism coverage*
Note: You are eligible for $5 Million CAD coverage if you have received the full course of immunization for Coronavirus (COVID-19) that is authorized by Health Canada. It must be taken according to manufacturer’s recommendation before your effective date. You must also wait the applicable period of time for it to become fully effective based on the manufacturer's recommendation, or as dictated by the applicable health authority, before your departure date.
Trip Interruption Benefits
- up to $200 per insured person per day for your additional and unplanned commercial hotel and meal expenses to a maximum of $2,800 if you are unexpectedly required to self-isolate or quarantine. Family coverage maximum is $400 per insured family per day to a maximum of $5,600.
Important information about cruise travel: If you have not received the vaccine, this policy does not provide any coverage for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and related complications on a cruise or at any destination included in your cruise itinerary. Exception: For children 11 years old or younger who are not eligible to receive the vaccine, Coronavirus (COVID-19) coverage will be provided when travelling with at least one parent or guardian on the same cruise booking who has received the vaccine.
We will not pay any expenses related to the cost of and any expenses for a Coronavirus (COVID-19) test that is mandated by any body with appropriate authority (such as a government or a transportation service) for entry into or exit from a country/jurisdiction or to use its services.
* If the claim is a result of an act of terrorism, benefits may be limited. Other exclusions, limitations and conditions apply. See the policy for details.